This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users, partners and others who interact with See My Life, as well as See My Life brands, products and services, which we call the “See My Life Services” or “Services”. By using or accessing the See My Life Services, you agree to this Statement.
You own all of the content and information you post on See My Life. In addition:
1. For all content that you post (IP Content), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content that you post or provide on or in connection with See My Life (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of See My Life, to access and use that information, including to repost and/or publish the content without restriction, and to associate it with you.
4. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about See My Life, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep See My Life safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep See My Life safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not post or provide unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on See My Life.
2. You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access See My Life, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on See My Life.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post or provide any content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will not use See My Life to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
10. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of See My Life, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other See My Life functionality.
11. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
See My Life users provide their real names and information before having the ability to create a memorial web page or provide us the information by which we will use to create the page for you, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on See My Life, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use See My Life primarily for your own commercial gain without our express written consent.
5. You will not use See My Life if you are under 13.
6. You will not use See My Life if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
8. You will not share your password should you have one, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
10. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on See My Life that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post or provide to See My Life if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
3. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
4. You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except with our prior written permission.
5. You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on See My Life.
6. You will not send See My Life tribute invitations to people whom you do not know.
1. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
2. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on See My Life.
1. Billing & Refunds. For individual purchases, you authorize the See My Life partner to charge you the agreed upon fee at time of purchase. See My Life shall be under no obligation to issue refunds under any circumstances. All fees are non-refundable, even if an individual See My Life memorial web page is not used. In the event that See My Life determines that you are entitled to a refund of all or part of the fees you paid, such refund shall be made using the payment method originally used by you to make your purchase.
2. Credits. See My Life may, at its sole discretion, choose to offer credits for its services, including discount codes or promotional campaigns. Credits are non-transferable and do not have any monetary or cash value. Any credits can only be used to offset fees per the terms and conditions expressly identified by See My Life and, unless otherwise stated by See My Life, shall no longer be redeemable ninety (90) days from the date of issuance.
3. Failure of Payment. If a See My Life partner fails to pay fees, in addition to other available remedies, See My Life reserves the right to suspend or terminate access to the Application Services and delete the partner Customer Content.
4. Lifetime plan. The Lifetime plan will be valid for 10 years or for the duration that the Seemylife.com.au website is live. Users will have the ability to redirect the used QR code on their loved ones headstone or plaque. This redirect will allow users to change the URL linked to the QR code and direct web page visitors to a new web page which the user will be responsible for.
1. We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
2. Your continued use of the See My Life Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of See My Life to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account.
Whilst we try to take reasonable precautions to protect and store your information, See My Life cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage, including temporary or permanent loss of access. As part of the contract you agree that See My Life (its employees, trustees, partners or anyone connected with the organisation) is not, nor ever will be, liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the service for any reason.
You warrant that you own all intellectual property rights of content you upload and agree that See My Life is not responsible in any way for uploaded content, notwithstanding its authority to remove any inappropriate content at its own discretion, and you also agree to indemnify See My Life for any direct or indirect damages claims now or in the future.
1. By “See My Life” or” See My Life Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.SeeMyLife.com.au and any other See My Life branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. See My Life reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this SRR.
2. By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with See My Life.
3. By “content” we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using See My Life Services.
4. By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from See My Life or provide to See My Life through Platform.
5. By “post” we mean post on See My Life or otherwise make available to See My Life.
6. By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.